Press Releases Back to list
Palerra Sponsored Research Finds 74% of Enterprises Feel Vulnerable to Insider Threats
September 8, 2016
Less Than Half of Enterprises Have Controls in Place to Prevent Insider Breaches
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – September 8, 2016 – Palerra, the leading Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) securing both information and infrastructure in the cloud, today announced the release of the 2016 Insider Threat Report. The new report found that 74% of organizations surveyed feel vulnerable to insider threats, yet only 42% feel that they have controls in place to prevent insider breaches. The report highlights the increasing need for better security practices and solutions to reduce the risks posed by malicious insiders as well as unintentional insiders.
“Our research suggests that over 40% of respondents consider cloud applications and infrastructure to be most vulnerable to insider attacks,” said Rohit Gupta, CEO of Palerra. “This is not surprising, considering that 86% of all workloads will be in the cloud by 2019. However, most cloud security solutions today focus solely on SaaS. As enterprises move business-critical data and applications to the cloud, it is critical to ensure that the entire cloud footprint, ranging from infrastructure, to development platforms and software applications, are all secured.”
Cloud access security brokers (CASBs) have emerged as a critical control point for the secure and compliant use of cloud services across multiple cloud providers. Many CASBs address concerns outlined in the 2016 report, including:
- 60% feel that privileged IT users, such as administrators with access to sensitive information, pose the biggest insider threat because they have credentialed access to the network and services. This can be mitigated by using a CASB to monitor, detect, and prevent configuration drift.
- Only 23% currently use User Behavior Analytics (UBA) or predictive analytics to identify insider threats. CASBs can monitor user activity and provide a risk score to security personnel.
- 63% feel customer data is the most vulnerable to insider attacks. CASBs can protect the millions of Salesforce users that currently access and modify information in the SaaS application.
Download the 2016 Insider Threat Report for more insight into the state of insider threats and solutions to prevent them.
Learn more about Palerra:
- Visit us online at palerra.com
- Join the conversation on Twitter
- See how Palerra LORIC can help you monitor your Cloud Applications. Request a Free Trial
Palerra helps organizations protect their business-critical Cloud infrastructure and data with Palerra LORIC™, the industry-leading solution for Cloud security automation. Palerra is the only Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) that provides visibility and security across the entire security lifecycle from infrastructure to applications, enabling organizations to realize the full promise of the Cloud. Leading enterprises including BMC Software, Jefferies, and VMware leverage LORIC for continuous monitoring and security of their Cloud applications. Palerra is a privately held company funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Wing Venture Capital, and August Capital, and is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information, visit www.palerra.com.
HK Strategies for Palerra